.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mom Yelling, and Time Slip

       About 3:06 I woke in a sweat. I heard my mother shouting “She is dying.” Since my mother doesn't have the habit of talking about herself in the third person, I don't really know who mom was talking about. It was still unnerving.
       Falling back to sleep I dreamed that a short, as in Tom Thumb short, man was in the house trying to explain in a barely audible high-pitched voice that there was someone after him. He pointed out the ripped out screen in the living room slider. I started to tell him that that was caused by our cats, when I realized that the cats were not any where around. I whistled for them and a couple came running out from under the futon, and I heard other noises from outside. The man sat on the door handle while I rounded up the cats, and tried to convince the kittens, who'd gotten themselves outside, to come in. A loud rustling in the ivy did a better job of convincing them to come in than I was doing.
       N came out to see what was going on. We stepped out on the patio, now only about 4 foot wide. The people we'd hired to add benches to the retaining wall had removed a large part of it, and extended it further into our yard, rather than into the hill as we'd requested. There were benches up on the now gentler slope of the hillside, but still not what we really wanted. Again there was the noise from the bushes. N and the man hollered “They're coming,” and raced into the front of the house.
       There was now a tunnel in the hillside, a time slip of sorts. I'm not sure how I knew that, but I knew it went to sometime in the late 80's. I tossed a couple of things through from this time, locking it into that direction of travel. I don't know how I knew that, either. But I could see people jump into a car and drive off down an alley way. I debated going back after them to protect the little man and N from further harassment. N stopped me, as I would have to ride the time out and would have to come back to her after about 20 years. I pointed out that I would be about as much older than her as she was me, then, so it wouldn't be so bad. Still, she didn't like that idea, and while we were discussing it, the time tunnel grew unstable and collapsed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home