.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Alien Roundup

       I dreamed last night, that N and I decided that the garage kitties didn't have enough cuddle time, so we were going to sleep out there with them. We were all cuddled up together on the carpet in the middle of the room when Marvin piled under my belly and tried to bury himself under the covers.
       “What's the matter, kitten?”
       He shivered and I looked out of the people door to witness a large black pig with shining white teeth go by the door. I sat up careful to keep Marvin covered and held securely. A large multi-colored wolf like creature went by next, its back legs and tail were nearly hairless, and striped light grey and black in alternating three inch bands.
       “That's unusual.”
       I laid back down to get a wider view, another oddly colored pig went by, and then a small zebra, and then an animal I couldn't identify, and then another pair of the oddly colored wolves. The appeared to be talking to one another.
       I opened up the door to the house, and the kittens and inside cats who had come to visit the garage kitties with us all ran in, panicked. The garage kitties, cuddled around N, just looked up at me and out the door, then put their heads down as if to say, “Oh, them again.”
       I went to the back slider and pulled open the drapes just enough to look out. The wolves had herded their pigs, and goats and zebras and striped what-nots into a line against the retaining wall. They moved amongst them helping line them up and keep them quiet. The wolves banded tails made me realize they couldn't possibly be from this world. For that matter, I was pretty sure some of their herd wasn't of this world either. I managed to grab my cell phone from the sideboard and even remembered to fire off a couple of pictures, especially of the alien animals.
       Once they were all settled one of the wolves looked back to see me at the window. He nudged another wolf, when they turned to me, I waved. The hill shimmered, I quickly switched to movie mode, and the wolves drove their unusual herd up into the shimmering ivy, where they all vanished into the hillside. The hillside was still shimmering and I had to resist the urge to put the camera down and follow them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home