.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Playing WoW in My Sleep

        I ran Mauradon with one of my bankers guild mates. Then, once Id fallen asleep I continued to run the darned thing. We go lost, and everything was re-spawning at a horrendous rate. The darned thing seemed to go on forever. Why arent there any sheepable mobs? I found myself wondering. By the time I woke up the morning all I could think of was press 1, then 1, then 2 then 2 then bing, then press alt-2 then 2, then 1, then press 2, then alt-2.

        The game had completely become focused on pressing the two or three keys in the right order, I didnt even know what I was shooting at anymore, nor where we were.

        I woke up, tried to shake it off, but found myself going over the spell rotation and wondering if this is really all the game is to some people, then why do they keep playing?

        I went back to sleep and dreamed: 1, 1, 2, bing, alt-2, 2, 2, 2, 1, bing, alt-2, 2, 2.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home