.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Robes of Command

        I dreamed that I had decided to start making my own clothing. Instead of pants and shirts, however, I decided I was going to start wearing robes. Yes, wizard robes, or vestment style robes. I also made tabards with pockets for tools and such. I decided that I was tired of all the current styles, and how uncomfortable they were.

        I wore my first set of red and black robes to work. I was sent out to a site to work on a couple of misbehaving computers in a music lab. There was some sort of event going on at the site.

I had a set of pocketed vestments, like a tabard that I threw on over the top of the robes. I was adjusting the pockets, and enjoying how warm they were when several people rode up on horses and “assassinated” the king.

Somehow I found myself involved in a LARP or Ren-Faire style event. I couldnt convince the people involved that I was just there to fix the computers in the Music room, which was behind the outdoor stage area they were using for their LARP. They decided that I had to be the next in line, because my robes were very rich looking and therefore I MUST be a high ranking member of the clergy.

Right.

How did you select your last King? I asked, sort of knowing that I was setting them up.

Sure enough, they answered that it was divine province, the lady of the lake.

Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government.
I couldnt resist.

They were not amused.

Really, if I went around claiming I was king because some watery bint lobbed a scimitar at me; theyd lock me away.

No, we wouldnt.

I slipped out my key ring and opened up the music room. Why not beat on one another a bit and let the winner be king. Have fun storming the castle. As the door closed I could hear swords banging on shields.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home