.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Scenes

        N and I were in the steamy red and brown kitchen of an Italian restaurant when one of the owners started getting grabby with N. I had a large cleaver and used it to chop a meatball in half. One half stayed on the counter, the other dropped to the floor with a meaty red marinara plop.

        Leave my wife alone.

        I bent over and picked up the half meatball, tossing it into the nearby trash can. I kept the cleaver in my other hand the whole time. N scooted away from the heavy man and moved over behind me.

        The scene shifted and I was trying to bundle one of the cats (Marvin, I think) in a towel. He was covered in blood, but it didnt seem to be slowing him down any. He was so strong I almost couldnt keep hold of him, and I was afraid he would break his own limbs trying to escape.

        Forest trail again, my backpack seemed to get heavier with every step, the straps were cutting into my shoulders and cutting off my breath. It started raining, the backpack seemed to grow even heavier. The trail was soon slick muddy stream and the woods were so thick I could not find a place to stop and put up shelter. The thickness of the trees and brush was so great I didnt really want to abandon the trail, as I didnt think I would be able to get back to it if I did.

      I had a bright orange balloon, about 14 foot across. The

sky was dark with a few silvery clouds stretched almost to transparency high above us. The air blew cold into the open hood of my fur-lined jacket. I let the balloon go and it shot up into the air, dragging a dozen foil and brass instruments with it.

A voice, not my own, asked Who are you? and I felt myself asking at the same time.

Before I could answer, I was following the balloon up into the dark. The parka clad person below watched with a very concerned/confused look on her face.

I was in a wood floored hallway, like ours, but the walls were a red and black velvety wallpaper with dark walnut paneling below a lighter wooden chair rail. I was bouncing a small yellow super ball, but T-Rex wouldnt come out of hiding to play with me. This made me very sad. I was even more sad when I realized that T-Rex was long gone, and I had just momentarily forgotten that when I found his toy in my desk drawer.

I dreamed a coyote had gotten into the garage and was chasing the cats around. This dream was so real that I actually found myself waking up at the garage door. I dont remember climbing out of bed and walking out there. I dont think Ive sleep walked since I was seven, that was disturbing.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home