.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Spiderman Costume, Waiting

              I dreamed I was at a party or get together where I didn't know hardly anyone. I was wearing a Spiderman outfit, at my wife N's insistence. She was wearing an Egyptian Goddess sort of outfit, with cat ears, so I'm assuming Bast. At one point in the evening I was upside down in the hallway, and there were 5 other Spiderman costumed folks there. N was trying to figure out which one was me. She eliminated the two women and the one really heavy man (over 300 lbs, easy) leaving one fairly slender guy, and myself, who was pressed up against the wall and ceiling upside down. Since I had done the wall climbing thing to her once before, she finally sighed and picked me. I could tell she was more attracted to the skinny Spiderman.
              “I told you I should have come as Uncle Fester,” I said, “No duplicates there.”
              “Ugh!” was her only response.

              I fell back to sleep this morning after N left for her meeting. I found myself on a stage, pretty much empty, save for a single light tree, with a dimly lit ellipsoidal aimed upstage.
              “Nothing to be done.” I struggled to remove my left boot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home