.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, February 06, 2009

60th Party, Ice Age 2012

        I dreamed we were celebrating Dinkys 60th birthday party, with a pool party. We were at an indoor black bottom pool. D was with her new boyfriend Steve a guy in his late 50s that I didnt recognize. D looked pretty good for a 60 year old. D and N were comparing the grey in their hair, they were both curly salt and pepper with white streaks at the temples.

        Steve commented that they looked more like sisters than D and I looked like siblings.  N would have been 72 in the dream, but she looked pretty much like she does now, only with more frown lines.

        In a later dream I found myself in some sort of harness pulling a sled across an icy rough landscape. Little John and the ancient T-Rex were bundled up in a fur covered bucket on top of the sled. Every so often I would look back and see one or the other of them poke their head out for a split second to check on my progress. When they popped back into the bundle the opening would close on top of them. I remember thinking that was a good thing, they might have a chance of avoiding frostbite. I didnt think this was a good environment for cats, but needed to get them to the new shelter where they could be warm. It had become too difficult to insulate and heat the house. These were the last two cats I had to move, and I had a load of bedding and books on the sled beneath them to deliver as well.

        We had teamed up with several of our friends to make an igloo village, and had included an ice block cat run in the plans. We didnt have real furs to line the run with, though, so used wool blankets stuffed with straw to keep the water from dripping all over the cats. There was a central igloo large enough for us to stand in, and wed managed to get some real furs to use to cover the seats so we would be warm. There was a small electric heater in each of our rooms as well as emergency oil lamps and camp stoves. The cats were all staying very close and cozy. We had a large locker full of food, including about 800 pounds of cat kibble. (About 20 weeks’ worth.) Vons was still open, so we were also getting fresh vegetables for now, even though the trip was getting to be more difficult as the days progressed. None of our cars were capable of navigating the blocks of ice and snow that had replaced the local roads after the last ice storms had blown through.

        There were lots of global warming jokes from R and S, but they didnt really seem to cheer anyone up.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home