.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yellow Vial of N

       I dreamed that N and I were in a mouldy old woods, the mud was an ashen gray, and the undergrowth was a sickly yellow green. The trees also seemed diseased, but not enough to prevent them from nearly blocking out the sun. As we made our way over the swampy ground I heard the sounds of footfalls and heavy breathing behind us. Suddenly we were set on by half a dozen large wolf-like creatures.
       We were both badly mauled, but N was so bad that she was certain to die. I couldn't do anything about it there, so held a small square glass vial to her lips. She exhaled and her spirit became trapped in the vial. I patched her body up as well as I could. I then sat a bit and summoned a spirit to animate her body. We raced through the pungent woods and out onto a plain, wherein I found a road, and then to the outskirts of a small village. I left N's body and its animating spirit to find a healer.
       I returned with the healer, who fixed up N's body, and then I opened up the vial under N's nose, while thanking the spirit for helping me get her here. There was a little bit of a struggle, as the summoned spirit didn't really want to leave. I made it clear that there would be no corporal revival while the spirit was in N's place. The spirit returned to my soul bag while the yellowish glow of N's spirit infused her body. The healer revived her and set about fixing her minor wounds.
       When the healer was done, she turned to me and started healing me. The pain was intense, and nearly drove me into oblivion. It seems I had been dead for quite a while, and I was, in fact, animating my own corpse.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home