.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gnome Twins, Night Terror

       I dreamed a couple of dreams. In the first I was running the male half of a pair of green-haired gnome twins. As the dream progressed, I became the gnome. We were making our way through a heavily forested area, well off the marked trail. It seemed like we were clawing our way through the ferns for quite some time before we came across a stretch of vine covered ruins. Something about them was very familiar. It took some time, but I finally figured out that we were in the ruins of a local shopping mall. The top floors had collapsed into the lower ones, but the terrain around the parking lots, and the general layout was unmistakable. I quickly ran around to the east side to verify my suspicion.
       The large concrete staircase was covered with vines, but was still there, still usable. The slab of the food court had broken and fallen into the store area below, so the stairs went up to a relatively narrow flat area with retaining walls on the east, and an opened on the west into a large pit full of broken masonry, vining plants and small trees and ferns. We sat, resting and eating, and trying to figure out if we should climb down to harvest any broken glass or other items we might find useful. I stopped to ask if it was normal to remember being someone who used to shop here.
       “No!” was the answer, “You're being haunted by a spirit of the past.” With that my twin spoke several powerful sounding words and waved a wand of some sort over me.
       The dream faded away.

       Now I was back in my own bed when I heard a crash out in front of the house. N and I went to the front door and looked out. Our neighbor's daughter, across the street, had crashed her car into the bushes in front of her home. I realized it was just a dream when I saw that the house was painted light pink with teal trim, and seemed to have grown a third story.

       I was back in bed, again, when I heard a loud crash. N was up this time, and met me at the door. Again, the neighbor's daughter had wrecked her car in front of her home. This time wedging it in between two of the palm trees that lined the path up their front walk. The house was now yellow, and there seemed to be two additional buildings involved. Again, I realized I was dreaming.

       I was back in bed, yet again. There was a loud crash. N was no where in the house so I stepped outside to see what was going on. N was all ready out in front, dressed like she was going out on a date. She looked twenty years younger (like when we met) and looked miffed that I had come out and caught her.
       “I'm just going for a walk,” she explained.
       “I could use a walk.” I said and took her hand and walked over to where our neighbor's daughter had run her car up against a concrete pillar, like the ones used in malls to prevent cars from entering. Our neighbor was fine, just a little upset about denting the car, again.
       The house was now a condominium complex with small shops on the bottom floor. It retained its yellow and pink colors from the previous two incarnations.
       As we walked I could tell N was not happy that I was with her, and as time progressed she became more an more agitated.
       “So, who are you seeing?” I finally asked.
       N started an angry denial, then got a relieved look on her face. The dream ended before she could spill the details.
       I woke from that dream unable to move, difficult to breath, sweating, all the night terror symptoms that have been greatly reduced of late.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home