.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Law of the Sea, Fractal Wings, Spare Parts MMO

        I dreamed I was piloting an auto gyro along the route of a large convoy of ships crossing the Atlantic ocean. I was trying to keep the group apprised of vessels that might be having difficulties, and I was also ferrying medications and dropping them from the my craft on a long rope, then using the same to pick up other items for transfer to other vessels.

        During one trip I came across a pontoon helicopter that had flipped in the choppy ocean. I had to threaten to not deliver things to a nearby ship to get them to divert. What ever happened to the Law of the Sea, I found myself asking over the radio.  I flew low and dropped my life preserver down to the helicopter, hoping there would be a survivor or two who could use it.

        I then dreamed that I built a fractal box-kite that had as much lifting surface as a regular glider, but fit in a pair of 18 inch by 30 inch box kites mounted across my shoulders. They made quite the humming noise as I glided around the neighborhood.

        I dreamed I was helping test the Spare Parts MMO, and the graphics were still in a very crude state, but good enough to get folks juiced up about the game. Lots of character issues were coming to light, and everyone of the testing group had a long list of things they felt they should be able to do in the game. I knew we couldnt do many of them without a large game master presence.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home