.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Enclosure

        I dreamed I was building a huge enclosure (just finished building our catio so I know where that part of the dream comes from) in a large creepy forest. The trees looked like the moss festooned types one sees from the southern swampland areas. I dont know where in the world I actually was located, and I couldnt seem to identify the language being spoken by my helpers.

        Once the enclosure was framed in, the materials were stacked inside with me and I started climbing up to the upper reaches to assemble the top panels. I realized, as I was walking along the edge of an enclosed cliff, that I had failed to design, and therefore didnt build, an access door. Once I had completed the roof I realized that I would have no easy way in or out of the enclosure.

        I tried to get the attention of my helpers, but they had packed up their tool bags and left. There was no one around but myself and a rather large number of animals that had been trapped inside with me. I made my way to the top of the enclosure and climbed out through the triangular hole near the peak. I lashed the last part in place, rather than bolting it, and started climbing down the dome hoping to find a hardware store open nearby where I could buy a door and frame.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home