.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Pastoral Bliss

        I had a dream where I was wearing knee breeches made of some fairly stiff material, and a white ruffled pirate sort of shirt. I was in tabbies (Japanese split toed shoe/sock things). Some of the time I wore a pair of remarkably comfortable wooden sandals under them. There was a trio of cat carriers next to a picnic blanket. I was not really doing much in the dream. I set up a telescope. It was obvious that this was my place, as there was a wooden deck, in a state of benign neglect, around three concrete stands for the tripod legs. I played with a couple of our cats (Teddy and Ember) in the long grass, watching them romp through the wild flowers chasing bees and butterflies while Little John, completely white around the muzzle, slept on one edge of the picnic blanket. I know Marvin was also sleeping somewhere near Little John, I just didnt see him.

It was the sort of dream that, when you start waking up, you try to keep the dream going because you know what is waiting for you is nowhere near as pleasant.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home