.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Peeping Tom Has Another Owner? N Warning, Gory Stuff, Don't Read.

        I dreamed that there was a pre-teen girl plopped down on our living room floor. Everywhere she went, the old pink carpet appeared. She was sort of melancholy, not very talkative. What I could get out of her was that she was Peeping Toms owner. I explained that Peepers had come with the house, and wed taken as good care of him as hed allow. He was getting old now, but seemed, save for his nose to be in good health.

        I let Peepers into the house; he went right to the girl. She petted him a bit, and then he came over to visit me and get rubs. I noticed that something wasnt right about his waist. His fur was combed funny. I reached to smooth it down and he barked at me.

        I noticed that there was quite a bit of fur missing, and there were two lines of crude black stitches, one just in front of each hip. The wounds the stitches were meant to close were a couple of inches long each. The flesh around the stitches was red and swollen. The wound on the left (his right side) was pulled open and you could see the moist interior subcutaneous layer and bits of muscle below that.

        Weve got to get him to the vet. Now we have some idea of what happened when he went missing the last couple of days.

        The girl insisted that she was going to go along, because Peepers was coming with her.

        Lets get him fixed up first. Then we can figure out what your part in this is.

        I didnt want to leave him.

        I couldnt really figure out how she could have left him, as Peepers was almost certainly older than the girl. It was at that moment that I realized that the girl was some sort of apparition. Then shortly after that, I realized I was dreaming and awoke, trembling, in a sweat, calling out for help with the injured cat.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home