.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

T-Rex and Giant Alligator

       I was out at a sort of Mall, pretty much the same mall as I always dream of, when I heard a ruckus on a street across the parking lot. I made my way past the movie theater and out into the street. A large, say 10 meter long, alligator was threatening people and pushing cars around like they were Tonka toys.
       The police arrived, but seemed to not know what to do. Bullets, of course, didn't seem to even get its attention. I was wondering if there was something I could do, other than pull people out of cars and run them to safety (I helped get drivers out of a couple of cars before the car smashing stopped.) I saw the alligator lift its head and sniff the air as though it was trying to figure something out. Behind me, I heard a low loud rumble, almost like thunder, but far more localized.
       I turned and there was a black and green skinned Tyrannosaurus Rex. For a split second I thought we were in serious trouble, then it turned to me and slowly blinked both eyes at me. I sent back the kitty kiss. The T-Rex chuffed, and then charged the alligator.
       I then heard theme music and the nature documentary voice over, "T-Rex versus Megadon, a conflict far from the watery habitat that would favor the aquatic reptile, can only result in one outcome, barring serious miscalculation on the part of the faster avian competitor."
       Meanwhile the street had emptied and even the police had drawn far back. I used my walking stick to vault onto the underside of an overturned van so that I could see better. As the two circled one another I shouted encouragement to the T-Rex. Who roared and feinted low, then jumped high in the air, landing with one leg on the alligator's back and the other pinning the plated tail in the rear facing claw. The van rocked with the impact and I just managed to support myself by bracing legs apart and leaning forward on the walking stick.
       "Cool dinosaur." I thought as I woke up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home