.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Gaslamp Dream

        Too busy to post the Drogs for the last few days. Now I can only wish I had. There were some cool images.

Last night I was running down a city street, cobblestones and brick. I saw my shadow against the ground at one point. I was huge. I held my arms out in front of me, (instantly triggering the Oh! I'm dreaming response) and noticed that my hands were almost twice the size they are now, and my forearms were like a furry Conan.

        I opened a metal gate in front of a house by pulling it up off of its hinges and setting it aside, just because I could. At that point my awareness of the dream was so strong that the dream completely jumped the rails and I didn't have any clue as to what my role was in the context of the dream. I checked my pockets and found a few odd (to me) coins, women's faces on them, most with tiaras or crowns.  My thumb completely covered the face of the coins that I thought of as quarters. There was a length of braided cord, less than a meter, and a small red handled pocket knife, but not a Swiss Army knife. My shoes were heavy leather work shoes, brown with mud on the toes and grease stains over them. I seemed to be wearing a green linen shirt and canvas pants, dark brown or black. I know I had a knit cap on my head, pulled down over the top of my ears as it was a bit chilly outside.

        There was fog and the lanterns seemed to be square and fairly dim. I knew I was supposed to be getting into the house, but I didn't know what I was supposed to do once I was inside. There were no lights at all from inside the house. I got the impression that the windows were boarded over, but from the inside.

        I wanted to ask some questions, but there was no one else around, and I had the impression that if there were people, I wasn't the sort they would want to speak with.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home