.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Road Trip

Road Trip

        I dreamed I was on a road trip, again through a desert. I had stopped at a covered Gas Station, just to get some shade and allow the engine to cool off.

Crossed Wires

        The car stopped working after getting an oil change. I went under the hood to try to figure out what was going on. The mechanic was waiting for me to give up and pay them to do the work.

        “It was just an Oil Change!”

        I looked, there was a six lead wiring harness, the connectors were visible through the gap in the spade lugs and the connectors were color coded. 

        “Shouldnt the connectors be color coded?” I asked.

        “Of course they are,” the mechanic responded, then stopped before saying anything further.

        I pulled the connectors off, sure enough; they were color coded to match the plugs. They were in exactly the reverse order. “Now, why would anyone have pulled these connectors off and reversed them like that?”

        The mechanic just stuttered but didnt actually say anything. I twisted the flat cable around and plugged the wires in the right order, then noticed that two of them were loose from the bottom connector. I was really starting to get angry.

        “You need a special tool to fix those…”

        “How do you even know what Ive found here? Im thinking youd better make out a purchase order, Im billing you for this.”

        “You cant do that!”

        “You guys broke it, and I want to know what else your mechanics have tampered with. “

        I pulled a pair of chopsticks out of my kilt pocket and used them to put the cable connectors back in place. I put the .mp3 player into record mode. Call the technician and the owner if you will, I want to talk to them.

        I dont think I can do that

        Fine, lets call your deputies then.

        How about if we refund your oil change? he asked.

        Tell me what else you messed around with in here.

        Ill call the guy who worked on your car.

        I dont know how things turned out with the car, as the dream shifted to a completely different location. I was in a swimming pool and it was dusk turning into full on night. The sky was crystal clear and the Milky Way looked like fog you could see so many stars. I was swimming with several women, who, as soon as it started getting dark began taking off their swim suits and throwing them at me. It was just light enough to get some very tantalizing glimpses.

        Unfortunately I awoke before I could really take advantage of the situation.   

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home