.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Car Wreck Nightmares

            Both dreams I remember were car wreck related. One involved a bunch of us in a car going over the edge of the road, and discovering that the gentle slope we'd rolled off onto was only gentle until it came to the top of a retaining wall, where the fall was closer to ten stories of near vertical drop to the roadway below.

            The second one had a benign enough beginning, N and I were at Mom and Dad's, my brother and sister were there with their families as well. I think the occasion was a Thanksgiving celebration. We had just had a break after dinner, and Mom and the grandkids decided to take a walk down around the hill. Dad decided he needed to get hearing aid batteries, as his replacements were dead. N and I were cleaning up the dishes when the kids came running back into the driveway all distraught.

            "Grandpa's pancaked in the car!" Mom us huffing up the hill behind them. She was hollering for her car keys. I got the keys, but made Mom get in the passenger seat; she was too upset to drive. We drove down to the accident scene where the older grandkids were trying to help get Dad out of the crushed truck. He'd been sandwiched between a panel truck in front of him and a large SUV that had tried to drive right over him by the look of things. I could hear the ambulances in the distance.

            I woke myself up by groaning out "Oh! No!" and frightening the cats, who bounded away. I'm surprised that N slept through it.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home