.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, June 05, 2006

M's 4th Wedding, Many other Dreams


      Instead of being the best man at M's fourth wedding, I was performing the ceremony. We had a licensed "minister" to witness and sign the papers and all, but I was supposed to actually perform the ceremony. This wedding was a bit smaller than the last couple. Both had been married a couple of times before. I'd been unable to talk them out of getting married. (Tax and benefit reasons over rode all other considerations.)
      We were gatered in her back yard, about 30 people were milling around getting set for the procession. The Minister, who was a friend of the bride's family, was quite shocked to find out that I didn't have a copy of the couple's vows, and also that there was no religious component to our ceremony.
      "Kind of makes you wonder." I said.
      We chatted a little bit before I tied my Hawian print bowtie and laced up my matching cumberbund under my bright silver jacket. I had matching Tabis and thick hardwood sandals. I pulled out my leather journal and opened it to the pages I had marked with M earlier. I showed them to the minister, explaining what I was going to say and where he would get to jump in with his legal disclaimer.
      "No mention of God?"
      "They've each been married multiple times, it sort of violates the 'no man put asunder' concept. It would be difficult for me to make such comments in the same way you would find it difficult to marry someone in the name if Vishnu or Ronald Reagan. This time we're going to keep it civil."

      My other dream has something to do with really small, but very cool technology. Wrist mounted or carried in a pocket. Full color screen, mine was round, but others were widescreen or square. Mine also had a connection to my glasses, so when I looked at it the screen would be viewable as a full widescreen image that could take up my entire field of view, or just one quarter of it, however I chose. Nifty for researching topics as they came up in conversation. Don't really remember how the technology fit into the dream, though.

2006 06 02

      We were at a performance of "Pirates of Penzance" that had no stage. It was essentially a "reader's Theater" performance. The singers were sitting in the same type of chairs as the audience, facing them. The orchestra was up on a platform behind the singers and a thin fabric partition. There was plenty of sound from the orchestra, though, it was larger than the cast by at least double.
      At one point in the performance, the cast invited the entire audience to go with them for the finale of the show, which was in a studio set up to look like an English coastal town center. There was the finale of the show, and then the shops opened up; food and drink were served. The cast came out and mingled with the patrons. It was a great deal of fun.

2006 06 03

Blowgun for Middle Schoolers
Patchwork People in Patchwork Worlds
End of the World,Secret Hiding place Via Tupperware Closets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home