.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Interrupted Dream, Rafting with Bast

            We interrupt this dream for an important announcement. This is a test of the emergency dream interruption system, if there had been a real emergency, you would have awakened confused and sweating, possibly dead. You may now resume dreaming.

            I was so amazed that I couldn't continue where I left off and awoke confused and sweating. So, was there a dream emergency? I think I am still having trouble with my DSP (Dream Service Provider.) I don't seem to be Japanese, like for the first three nights after my first DSP was bought out, but things still aren't quite up and running smoothly all the time. I also haven't seen some of my dream regulars since the change over, and one of them looks decidedly different. (Not in a bad way, just different.)

I did have another dream for the short time I slept before the cats belly-flopped on me from the headboard. (Their charming way of letting me know they are HUNGRY.)

In the dream I was floating in the ocean on a small raft like construction, looked like it was made of throw pillows and milk cartons. There were singing fish flying through the air. I couldn't make out what they were singing because it was in Japanese. I had a couple of the cats with me; they were struggling to climb up high enough to stay dry, which meant they were mostly climbing on me. Bast was there as well, she was also not happy about all the water, but wasn't making a big fuss about it as long as I told her we were headed for land. I got the cats off of me and then slipped into the waves, towing the raft to shore. I didn't plan on staying on the island I’d spotted, as it looked more like a sand bar around a volcano. I couldn't see any vegetation, and only birds for animal life. The fish all floated out of the water into the sky, still singing their song.

            The cats and the cat-woman/goddess were happy for the presence of fish and birds. "Yum." was pretty much her comment. I spotted some sharks in the air in the distance, but they didn't seem to have any interest in us. I just hoped there were none in the water. I wondered if there were birds flying in the water like fish were swimming in the air.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home