.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Big old Dream Warehouses with Amusement park Conveyor Belt

            Myself and several unknown and unknowable others were running around an industrial park, up and down ramps, in and out of large warehouse like buildings. Finally found ourselves (The cast was continually mutating from one person to several and the people didn't maintain their identities from one moment to another.) on a dangling feet type amusement park ride, but it wasn't fast and didn't even have any sharp turns or twists. The ride went on and on, the cast becoming more and more naked. Finally I started to worry that we were in some sort of large alien food packing plant, and that we were the food items.

            As we came to a part of the ride where there was a concrete landing I forced the bars up with the help of the rest of the car, and most of us jumped down off the ride and scurried off into the warehouse.

            I started looking for the controls to shut down the production line. Soon I was alone, and there were Indiana Jones style Nazis chasing the others. I tripped one and stole his keys and a belt with a big red button. It looked important, but, the button, being big and red, I didn't really want to push it. I wandered around, avoiding patrols, finally coming to a control booth type room overlooking the whole warehouse. I snuck up the stairs, distracting the guards by throwing the belt out past the staircase.

            The control room was empty, there was a large monitor mounted in the desk top. It showed the whole warehouse operation and the train station outside. I managed to figure out how to send the still full train on its way without unloading. I then figured out how to stop the conveyer and open up the safety bars. I then found and opened up all the large doors to the outside.             All of the people running from the guards were able to escape, as most who'd been captured were being held in rooms with huge rollup doors that suddenly opened, revealing freedom, or weapons caches, both good options at that point. I found a microphone and told them to arm themselves and make a break for it. "Don't let yourselves be recycled into food!"

            Unfortunately, talking on the microphone got me noticed, and the guards, who'd been looking for the owner of the belt, I suppose, suddenly started running back towards the control booth. They had very dangerous looking machine pistols. I started looking for cover, and that's when I realized that the entire room was made of balsa wood and paper.

            Meow meow. That didn’t really fit. But Miranda was hungry, and N wasn’t responding.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home