.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Crash Landed on Alien Polar Icecap

Dreamed I was on a flying saucer in the polar region of an alien world where I had crash landed due to some sort of malfunction. I had projected myself onto another ship to warn them about the conditions outside their vessel, and to guide them to where I’d crashed. I faded back through the walls of their vessel and into my own, but found that my own was filled with water and sinking rapidly. I swam up through the freezing water. I managed to grab onto the flukes of a large aquatic animal and managed to steer it to the surface and towards the vessel I had just warned. There were many book sized chunks of ice in the water. I started grabbing some up and putting them in my pack for later analysis. There was a large ice flow between me and the rescue vessel.

The aquatic creature swam up onto the ice flow and I released it with thanks. I helped turn it around and pushed it back into the ocean.

As it sounded I thought I saw it wave so waved back.  I began to trudge across the ice sheet towards the other vessel. As I crossed the Ice sheet I came across another animal, this one was very curious and followed me for quite a while. It sniffed me all over, deciding I wasn't food, I supposed. I climbed on its warm furry back and was able to guide it in the direction I wanted to go simply by pointing. It seemed fairly bright and friendly, I couldn’t tell how bright, but had to be fairly as most animals don’t get pointing.

Once across the ice sheet I spotted the ship and waved to them, they headed up to the ice sheet, scaring fish-like creatures ashore. My mount chased after them and consumed them in a single gulp each. It then waved to the ship. I told the pilot to circle around and come in again, driving a few more fish up onto the ice flow. The creature grunted at me, I said hello. It reached deep into its fur and pulled out a leather bag with some carved bone/ivory items in it. It handed me one. I was surprised. It was a lovely carving of a creature we hadn't seen yet. I reached under my dry suit and found a thin plastic holder with a set of photos in it of my cats. I pulled one out and handed it to the native. It made a chuckling noise and turned the image around and all over, particularly interested in the writing on the back.

The creature started writing on the ice, using it's sharp claws to carve into it.

I pulled out a knife and started numbering next to his drawing of one fish, two fish, even though having opened up my suit I was even colder than before.

When I woke, I discovered that the cats had stolen the afghan again. That explains the freezing part of the dream and likely the cause of the image of cat photos as well.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home