.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Cecil and the Ninja Aliens

      Dreamed I was with N at my parent's house. Dad asked me to go into the garage, "But be careful."
      "OK, why?"
      "It's a surprise, and look out for the Ninjas." Dad was serious, he handed me one of his pistols, loaded with snake shot. "They're tricky and move too fast to hit with regular bullets."
      I took the pistol and opened up the door between the dining room and the garage. I looked in surprise. Cecil was there, restored, no longer beige, he'd been painted a metallic blue with black details. The pinstriping had been painstakingly hand painted.
      "The guy who restored it said the pinstriping wouldn't come off. They made really good adhesive back then."
      I'll say. The pinstripes had been twenty five years old when N sold the car. They weren't even chipped or faded. Of course there'd been over a dozen coats of wax during the time I owned the car, and I never stripped the older layers off, so that was part of it. The interior had been redone in tan vinyl, it was a nice combination, but not colors I would have picked. The chrome pieces were a very shiny black finish, unusual, but not unattractive. I still wouldn't have chosen those particular colors. I wanted to ask how much it had cost to get the car back, but the alien Ninjas chose that moment to jump up from behind the recycling bin and through the back door and the windows in the garage door.
      As is always the case, my pistol wouldn't fire. Dad managed to clear a path to the back door. I grabbed an 8 foot 1x3 from the lumber rack and used it to smack the three ninjas who tried to follow us.
      "Board Drunken Monkey Style!" I shouted as I smacked them like something out of a three stooges film. One of them threw a small grenade like object at me. I swatted it back into his groin area. "Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!" I added for good measure as they ran back to the garage window to escape.
      "Your Monkey Fu is powerful! We will return!" they dropped their smoke pellets and ran.
      "If you have poo, fling it now!" I said to no one in particular.
      Dad had only fired the couple of shots but didn't fire into the smoke "might hit the neighbors." I was impressed at his restraint. I pulled the board out of the garage and looked at the end of it, the flat of the board was studded with small shurikin. I had intercepted them by pure luck. Apparently the ball the aliens threw exploded into tiny shurikin on impact. Nasty bit of technology, and very obviously not man made. The Alien Ninja had taken their fallen comrades so we had no evidence of them except the small shurikins.
      Mom opened up the widow "I got pictures this time!"
      Dad scolded her for exposing herself to danger, but was still grateful that she'd gotten at least some evidence that something had really happened. She had some great action shots of the board smacking the ninjas on the side of the head and in the abdomen. The face of the first one I'd hit over the head was priceless. I never knew that alien ninja could look so surprised. Still I felt they were lucky shots, all of them, photos and my "board druken monkey fu," too.

ad astra per simian fu
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home