.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, May 04, 2015

Rockin' in the Free World

This morning's audio offering was a rousing rendition of 'Rockin' in the Free World,' sung by a female voice a cappella in the cat's room. (No one I recognized.) The verses, however, weren't the Neil Young verses, I wish I could remember them.

When I could finally move (these events are usually accompanied by a short period of paralysis) there were no concerned kitties on the bed, so I didn't bother to go and check on the "source" of the sound this time. Some mornings the voice is just so real that I have to go outside and see if a neighbor is out and about or if I can hear audio playing somewhere. I suppose it could still have been a car going by in front of the house.

The experience was one of those that was so real that it completely obliterated the other snatches of dream that were still fresh in my mind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home