.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, April 06, 2015

Most Amazing Game Ever, Carrying the Baggage

I woke from a great dream about the greatest tabletop game, ever. I was certain that the game would rocket my game publishing from nearly obscure niche market to "get one in every department store, and bookstore as well as your FLGS" status.

I woke up telling myself that I would write it down as soon as I woke.

Then I went back to sleep, certain that all my future financial woes would be well taken care of....

The second dream I had found J and I at some sort of convention center together. We weren't actually attending the same event. I was presenting SP Online, and had my presentation notes in a binder with a thumbnail of each slide and video as well as my speaker notes, and places, more importantly, to take notes based on the audience reactions. I wondered why I had a binder instead of a tablet, but when I was showing the binder to someone in the halls, I pulled out a page and held it up to the light. The little images of the slides were transparent, like old 2x2 slides, and they were also animated. Very cool tech.

J and I met outside her big presentation room. I had my display storage box there, with mostly her bags and notes from her sessions in it. I managed to squeeze in my binder, but couldn't find room for my stand up, so gently rolled it into its case and tied it to the handle of the box. Closed, the box was a little over a foot square and about five feet long, so a little awkward to carry because of its size, and now, weight. Fortunately I had attached a set of small latches on one end, so I could latch the closed case to a plant caster. I had painted it black as well, so if you didn't look too close, it looked like it was part of the case.

J had one last seminar to go to, so I walked her to her seminar, and then slipped down to the car to drop off the case. I had just locked the car when J called, she needed something from inside the case.

I unloaded everything and finally made a video call so she could tell me where, in the case, the item was. Turned out it was in her purse, she'd found it when she'd put her phone back.

I put everything away and ran back up to catch the last part of a design panel before I had to go to the next panel I was speaking on.

When I woke from this dream, which was one of my hyper real seeming dreams, I realized it was so intense that I had completely forgotten what my earlier "life changing" game idea was.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home