.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Abandoned Pets

Dreamed I was visiting a friend, who mentioned that she had a neighbor who hadn't been seen around in a while. She was concerned about the abandoned pets. She mentioned that one was a bison and the other two were cats. I said I could probably adopt another couple of cats, but the bison might have to become burgers if we couldn't find a home. She said we couldn't do that, as the bison was a pet not a food animal.

We went to the friend's apartment and her two kitties came right to the door. They looked amazingly like Teddy and Ember. I wondered if there were a lot of brother,-sister, tabby-calico pairs out there. The bison, white, and tiny, for a bison. His horns and nose leather were black and there was a black cape of wiry fur down his back. I fell in love with the scruffy little guy, he was just so cute. I agreed to take care of all three of them on the spot.

When I woke up I realized that I was dreaming about Teddy, Ember and Giles (who I often jokingly refer to as my buffalo, both because of his size and the full coat of matted buffalo-like fur on his back end.)

I suspect I'm feeling a little guilt about not spending as much time with them as usual; a combination of dating, and the older kitties all have health issues and seem to be taking up more and more of my time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home