.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, March 02, 2015

Counting Crows, Burglary

Three different and all disturbing dreams last night in the midst of the rain and thunder.

In the first dream I was walking out in my fields with RG.. There were a large number of crows about, and RG was shooting them and counting them. I was not real happy with that, thinking there must be another way. A couple of the crows were very large, and had bits of arrows sticking out of them, I found myself rooting for them to dodge out of the way and make it to safety, having already escaped a brush with death previously, but each fell to a loud "pop" from RG's rifle.

In the second dream I awoke to a crash. When I went out to the front of the house, the sink was missing and the garbage disposal was wrapped up in the braided rug that usually sits in front of the cat door. There was a gaping hole where the dishwasher used to sit and the microwave and refrigerator were gone as well. Oddly, my TV and DVD player were still there. The thieves had also not managed to get back to the computer room. I went in the garage. The washing machine was turned sideways, but still in place, the dryer was actually at the end of the garage at the door, which was open. My car was at the bottom of the driveway, partly out into the street.

I am sure if I could remember the title I gave my third dream I would remember it. I can only say, it too, was frightening.

I woke from each of these dreams in a sweat, shaking. Haven't had a night like this in a long time. I didn't feel like I'd slept at all by the time the light went on this morning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home