.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lights Out

Woke up this morning to the normal light coming on, but rolled over and dropped right back into a dream. I was talking to M from KPFM, we had bumped into one another in a comic book store. Suddenly, the lights flickered, and with a small snap, went out. People were a little panicked because it was pretty much pitch black. I suggested that perhaps someone with a cell phone or tablet could turn that on so we could find our way around without bumping into one another like M and I just did.

In a mirror of my evening, I didn't have my work phone. Neither did any one else. It was then that I realized that my alarm light had gone out! I shot out of bed, fed the cats and packed up to get out of the house, already late for work.

I thought. It was exactly my time to leave. It appears that my alarm light has burned out, and my brain, still in a semi-dream state, just wove that into the plot of my dream. I've wanted to try out an LED lamp, so perhaps this is the silver lining.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home