.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, April 03, 2015

Little John, Lionized. Alien Hunting,

The most memorable part of the night found me walking next to a green hillside with J and Teddy. On the hill was a lovely red fluffy tabby. He meowed an invitation to come and pay attention to him, and he reminded me so much of Little John, that I just had to climb up the hill to greet him. Up close it was obvious that he wasn't Little John, and I was a tad disappointed at that. I sat with him for a while, and we were joined by Teddy and J. We decided the day was so pleasant that we would just lay down and take a short nap in the sun.

I woke to a giant paw on my face, I opened one eye. It was a young male lion. My heart started to race, but as I looked into the lion's eyes, I realized that this was Little John. He chuffed at me, and I could hear Little John in his admittedly much louder and deeper voice. He rolled next to me, and Teddy climbed over me to lick his large face while I rubbed his belly. I grabbed his mane and scruffed him up, hugging him. I sobbed into his mane and he pulled back and licked my face with his huge raspy tongue. I always knew he was a lion at heart. I was sad that we had to leave. We bonked foreheads before he loped up the hill and then over the top out of sight. Teddy wound around my legs, and I picked him up, hugging him close as we half slid, half walked down the grassy hillside.


Later, J and I were walking in a neighborhood with lots of brick and white picket fences at the edges of perfectly manicured lawns. One side of the street was much higher than the other, and the sidewalk had a four to six foot or so retaining wall next to it. J couldn't see over the wall into the yards, and even I had to go on tiptoe to see into some of them. They had very steep driveways and we had stop and look carefully at each one. Suddenly, the sky was full of flying wings, and little aliens in jet backs fell from them, landing all around us across the lawns and on the roofs of the houses. Oddly, they didn't seem to have any interest in us, nor any people who abandoned their houses. J started calling our neighbors and telling them to run outside. Soon most of the neighborhood were outside, being ignored just like us. We could hear shooting and screams from inside some of the houses, though, so we worried that the aliens were just waiting to take us out.

Just as suddenly as the aliens had arrived, they were racing out into the streets and running away. Curious, I followed them, sending pictures back to J on the phone. The aliens gathered together in a cul-de-sac at the end of the street, then one of the flying wings flew over, and blasted them! The aliens were almost instantly charred, I could feel the heat wash across me (Good thing I'd stayed pretty far back. I could see the same thing happening across the valley, alien ship after alien ship firing on their own. I noticed that there were a couple of aliens who were delayed getting to the charred area, they looked just as shocked as I was. They dropped their weapons and jet packs, and took off, hopping over fences and running down the street. I sent video and suggested that we should try to catch them alive, or we would never know what just happened. So the great alien hunt began.

There was a third dream between these two, but I can't even recall the one word title I'd given it to try to prompt my memory. I really should do this first thing in the morning rather than waiting for my breaks.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home