.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Zombie Zeppelin and Christian Apologist

Two wildly different dreams last night. In the first dream, I was working on a new game design, Gremlins and a crashing Zeppelin, when I suddenly found myself working on a very different sort of game. The game was no longer a board game, but a computer offering in an isometric view, like Diablo II and III. The Zeppelin's crew were all transformed into zombies, and the Gremlins had to sabotage the airship and abandon it to its doom, while fending off the hungry undead. Oh, and there was this thing of making a daring escape at the last possible moment Last one off the airship earned the most points. All in all a much more exciting game than the one I'm actually designing, so there may be some changes in the offing.

In the second dream, I was in a convention hall, not surprising, given that I just spent five days at the San Diego Comic Con. There was a group of much beleaguered Christians, who seemed absolutely unable to rise to the occasion to defend their beliefs. Being quite young they had lots of passion, but little argumentative skill. I couldn't help but step in to help them out. They were grateful, in the very human sense of having a stranger come to their aid, but also, after their tormentors went on to find other challenges, a bit put out to find that I wasn't a "believer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home