.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Kittens, and a Bunny

              I dreamed N and I were visiting my parents in their new home. I heard meowing out back so went to look out the back door of my parent's bedroom. They had put a dresser in front of the sliding glass door, so I had to lean over to open it.
              Outside there was a little black kitten (with white toes) playing at being a hunter, a character class from World of Warcraft. I don't know how I knew that was what he was playing, but I did. His “pet” was a Siberian tiger cub, who was currently splashing about the edges of a shallow pond just past a hedge. I called the kitten over and he bounded into the house, along with four other kittens.
              I realized that would be trouble, as my parents had pretty much given up having pets, so there were no litter pans, no food bowls and no pet food. I left the door open a little and tried to round the little energetic balls of fluff up and put them in the master bathroom until I could get them all. I was really hoping to catch the tiger cub, as I didn't think he would be very healthy trying to live just on what he could find in my parent's yard. The tiger cub wasn't one of the kittens that had raced into the house.
              I managed to get the three gray calicoes rounded up and one of the black kittens when I heard N screaming in pain from the front room. I ran out, a kitten in each hand and one in the crook of my left arm. N was in the center of the room, holding a very fluffy white bunny. The bunny was also holding on to N's finger, with his teeth. N was making her horrible in pain wail (which I really could live without hearing ever again.) I tried to get to her before her instinct to shake took over, it would be too easy to kill the poor frightened bunny. Before I could reach her the bunny slammed against the floor with a smack. I hoped the thick hair and thick carpet was enough to save the bunny. I let the kittens go on my Dad's recliner and took N out to the kitchen to do first aid on her finger.
             
              At this point I realized it was a dream but felt compelled to roll over and tell N not to pick up the bunny.
              Apparently, I was still dreaming. N reports that I did indeed tell her “Don't pick up the bunny,” but she was dressing to go to her WW meeting, not in bed. She says I also told her “Bunnies bite, just put the bunny down.”
              She then asked me “what bunnies?”
              She thought I had woken up because I grunted out “What?”
              “Bunnies. What Bunnies?”
              “Weird, I just had a dream about bunnies.”
              Then N reports I put my head down and went back to sleep.
              I only remember telling her to “Don't pick up the bunnies,” and I was pretty sure she was in bed with me at the time. I really don't remember the rest of the conversation.
             
              I then heard a tapping at the bedroom slider. I got up and looked out into the back yard, peeking through a gap in the curtains so as not to disturb whatever was out there. There was a little black kitten with white toes tapping on the door. The momma cat was a sleek black kitten with three little gray calicoes and another black kitten as well as a red tabby kitten. There were some Toms lounging around the yard, I started to open the door because I though one of them was Ralston. Little John rushed the door, going for the kitten or Ralston, I couldn't tell. I yelled at him to stop and put my leg in front of his charge. I spotted Marvin coming out of the living room slider so yelled for N to “get your cat back inside,” and “The kittens from the dream are in the back yard.”
              About that time I realized I was STILL dreaming, as the green carpeted board on top of the sawhorses was gone and there was a large potted fern in the middle of the back patio where the momma cat was nursing five of her six kittens. I also know N would never leave the living-room slider open.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home