.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, December 04, 2009

Cell phone Pond, Two For One Witchery

        I dreamed that I was about to lose my change through the hole in my pocket. I was wading, so bent down to close off the very wet pant leg to try to catch the coins that I felt rolling down my leg. My cell phone slipped out of my pocket. I caught it, but the coins escaped into the water and the muck of the pond.

        I took off my jacket and put my cell and wallet in its pockets, then placed it high up on a rock where it might have a chance to stay dry. I then waded in to look for the pocket change; a couple of dollars worth, and well over half my fortune. As I was recovering coins from the pond, I pulled up a cell phone in a holster, a revolver holster, judging from the shape. I shook out the water and set the phone up on the rock to dry out. It rang. I couldnt pick it up, but quickly jotted down the number that was trying to call. The caller finally gave up, and I heard another cell phone ring, further out in the pond. I waded out, and there was another phone. The caller hung up before I could answer the phone.

        Another phone rang, this one was in the muck at the edge of the pond. I grabbed for it and slipped on the muck. I got it open though, just in time to hear the caller disconnect. I waded back to the rock and the other phones, suddenly having a Very Bad Feeling about this pond and the reasons the phones were in it. I had been planning on sneaking into the barn of the farm nearby but decided that Id better call the person whod called all three phones and figure out what was going on. I figured Id better get away from the pond before I did so. I had the strange idea that the phones were in the pond because their owners didnt really need them anymore.

        Early this morning I had another dream, a much longer and convoluted thing that involved a teen witch and her evil twin. In the process of trying to find the evil twin I was teamed up with a round bodied black woman, a self proclaimed medium. We ended up, after following several leads that I wish I could remember, in a graveyard.

        While my partner drifted amongst the graves with her hands outstretched and eyes half closed I headed over to the only structure in the yard that could provide decent shelter against the wind and any sort of precipitation. In the little alcove of the mausoleum I found a ball cap, a scarf and a blond wig with dozens of braids. I brought the items out to the medium. As I was walking over, I spotted our good twin, she had the same ball cap on as the one I was holding. I was careful to not allow the good twin to see what I was carrying. However, when I reached the medium she howled and picked the items up holding them high over her head.

        For some reason the medium began counting the braids, as though that was vitally important.

        Yes, so youve discovered our secret. The young witch started saying.

        The witchs twin appeared, but more as an apparition. I moved myself between the witches and the medium, so that they would have to go through me to get to the wig and scarf. The apparition, of course, didnt really need those items.

        You mean that you arent twins, and are one and the same person? I figured that out when I found your wig.

        The witch and her phantasm merged into one person.

        The Medium finally stopped what she was doing, You mean there arent two of you? I knew that.

        I rolled my eyes, and the young witch laughed. So, what now?

        No harm no foul, as far as Im concerned.

        But, but, but…” the Medium sputtered.

        She was the complaint and the cause, no one else was affected, really, except for the entertainment value. You got paid, I got paid. I say were done here and we put her in our contact file because we might have jobs shed be good for. I turned to the witch who was still looking a bit confused. What do you say, would you mind working with us from time to time?

        Um, youre not going to punish me?

        I have your money, what more do you want? I could spank you, I suppose.

        She blushed.

        Lets go someplace warm, with food. I said and led the pair out of the graveyard.

        I handed the wig to the witch and she put it on. She started walking straighter and held her head higher. That works for you, normally I dont go for blondes, but you make that look good. It started to drizzle.

        This is my natural hair color, you know?

        I didnt.

       

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home