.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Gnomes, Jungle Race, Bikini Romp

        Had several dreams lately and been lazy about typing them up for posting.

        Sunday morning the 29th, I dreamed about Gnomes being a genetically engineered race of geniuses. We created them for spaceflight, no vertigo, very small (conservation of resources) and long lived (preservation of knowledge and skills.) In the dream the first Gnomish engineers broke out of their environment with a home built spaceship and took themselves to the stars, on their own terms, without the genetic material to raise actual human beings where they were going.

They escaped on the day of the announcement to the world, amidst fireworks and speeches. The Gnomish pilot raced through the assembled ships of many nations and docked with the Gene labs. I was at the gene labs, and opened up the airlock for them. Id all ready freed the restraints on the embryo repository, and several Gnome technicians took the repository to their escape vessel.

The Gnomes radioed back a thank you, and the plans for their spaceship, if we decided that we wanted to come along in our own ships at our own pace.

        In the dream I was a human who was sympathetic to their freedom movement, after getting away from the Gene Lab, I arranged secretly to smuggle several Gnomes out to a rendezvous with their colony ship. By way of a reward they hit me with a Gnomish shrink ray, and pumped me full of DNA altering drugs.

You helped create us, and cared for us, we arent leaving without you. You are one of us now.

I was sicker than I ever have been, and thought I was going to die. The ship made several random jumps, not that the human nations had anything that could have kept up with them, and they found themselves a nice little world, that wasnt on the charts. It turned out that theyd been hacking the observatory databases and picking out potential new home worlds, then erasing the data.

Itll be generations before your fellow humans find us again, and by then we should be able to defend ourselves.

        You know, so we can make a better deal.

        I was glad that they still wanted to be allies with humans, even after being treated almost as slaves.

        The dream skipped way forward, and it was quite the regular little clockwork world that was created, a combination of low and high tech, very Steampunk, very short.

Monday the 30th

        I dreamed I was part of a Great Race with only two participants. Oddly, though the participants were chosen by lot, it seems that last years winner was always one of them. (To great chuckles in the crowd.)

        The race started in an alabaster basin high on the top of a cliff. Water trained out of its bottom into a deep pool about 80 below. The racers started out quite wet.

        Apparently I had won the race the year previously, and thus had enjoyed a great year off (where I seemed to have worked even more than when I was merely hunting buffalo and elk.) I smiled at my competitor, she was very pretty, and much younger than me. I realized I would have to be crafty to win. Although, I wasnt really sure I wanted to win, so decided that I would just work to make sure we both survived the challenges, and whoever won, won. In the back of my mind I was wondering if sometimes people didnt survive this race.

When I woke up, I had the feeling that Id almost had this dream before, with all of the running along streams through deep green jungles, sliding in the mud and eventually sailing down a water slide like off the side of a cliff into the ocean. In the back of my mind I was wondering if sometimes people didnt survive this race.

        This morning I had a fairly typical wet dream full of bikini clad babes romping in the sprinklers in the front yard. I was worried what N would think when she got home, because they were trampling the tall grass pretty severely. (I dont know why I wasnt worried about her being jealous, but I wasnt.)

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home