.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's My Crime

        I dreamed that I was working on a TV show (Technical Director) called Whats My Crime. It was like the old Whats My Line tv show, except that instead of one mystery guest, there were three, and the celebrity contestant had to try to fit the three crimes to the three suspects. The money they won was being donated to charity.

        The suspects were seated in large upright coffins, decorated with flowers and ribbons. The contestant sat in a witness stand type construct and had to ask questions of the yes/no variety of the three criminals. Each question asked removed a certain amount of money from the contestants pot. The contestant could make several different marks to indicate what they were thinking next to each suspect. The marks were virtual, of course, and the viewer at home was the only one who could see them. If a suspect lied, they would get a black mark.

        Unfortunately for the contestant, only the audience got to see which suspect had the black mark. The contestant only knows that one of the suspects lied.

        In the show we were taping there was a tall blonde man in the first coffin. (On black mark early in the show.) A average sized woman in the middle position, she had brown hair and a slightly dumpy figure. The third coffin was huge, as the criminal there was about 300 pounds plus. He was also not completely human, as his brow was thick and large and his hands almost reached the ground, even though he was standing.

        I wish I could remember what the crimes were, but I could tell from the questioning that Jennifer Beal (the celebrity contestant) was completely thrown off by the black mark, and as a result headed down the wrong trail. Questions had to be asked of the group, but for an extra $100 you could ask a specific individual a question separate from the others.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home