.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Breaking a Venetion Pizza Place

        I dreamed that I was parked outside a Venetian Pizza Place. The entrance was a stone wall across a narrow gap between two ancient buildings. There were iron rings set in the wall to tie up horses, or perhaps gondolas. The restaurant was similarly a narrow slip of space between the large stones of the ancient building. Tables were on a second level over the ovens, the place was much too warm for me, even though it was cold outside. I could only imagine the place was unbearable in the summer.

        We picked up our pizza pie and headed out. As I pulled away, I felt a jolt and the boat came to a complete stop. Water gushed into the hole where our engine had been. I looked back to see that thered been a rope tied to the outboard motor, and though the motor had been ripped from my boat (which had been a car earlier), the wall of the pizza place had collapsed around the hole caused by the iron ring being pulled out of the wall.

        People on the second floor stared out into the canal in shock.

        I rowed us back to the pizza place, apologized, and promised that, even though it wasnt our fault (Id certainly not tied the motor of the boat to the wall) wed do what we could to re-assemble the stone wall.

The wall had been just loose stones stacked, with no mortar. We stopped to eat our pizza, and then set about the task of reassembling the stone wall. I stood up the door frame and explained that we could use it to make sure the archway was in the correct place. I suggested that we put the rings on the inside of the building and go to Home Depot to purchase real bollards that could be put into the ground in front of the restaurant instead of in the wall.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home