.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Zombie Toy Invasion

        My dreams last night roamed all over the spectrum, but there was one particularly funny tidbit. Id just flown in from the top of some purple mountains (they were, indeed, majestic) and landed in a courtyard surrounded by marble columns. Small green plants thrust their way through the floor tiles, all of which were the same brown and black pattern that was the floor of my bedroom when I was a child.

        Toy soldiers, of both the green and tan variety were strewn about in the grass and across the tiles.

        Suddenly, they came to life, two inches tall on the outside, six foot tall on the inside.

        Unfortunately a larger number of them were animated in unlife, bursting in a cloud of greenish gas to take the form of the WoW zombies from the Scourge Invasion Event. I wasnt really too worried, as they were only two inches tall. But I did yell to the living soldiers to stay well away from them and shoot for the head.

        I was concerned that even at two inches tall the zombies could spread the plague, so I lifted both my feet off of the ground and hovered over the scene where they couldnt reach me. I sat watching the zombies run madly around in all directions, with no coordination other than that of heading for the closest living target.

        I reached down and relocated a small group of soldiers who were about to be surrounded. They werent too thrilled with being picked up, until they looked down and saw the twenty plus zombies encircling their former position. I gently placed them with a larger group of their comrades. There seemed to be some tensions between the tan and green soldiers, but attacking zombies soon had them working together. I floated across the floor recovering the tiny plastic heavy machine guns and ammunition to reinforce the pressed defenders.

        Molly Ringwald floated down into the courtyard and drifted next to me. She was concerned that being here would violate her probation.

        Im supposed to stay away from zombies.

        I thought that she was long out of her probationary period. But nodded, as staying away from zombies is always a good idea.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home