.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Blue Wall Canyon

        In my dream I was traveling through a canyon, just after sunset. The walls of the canyon were bathed in an eerie blue light. It was too dark in the sky for the light to be reflected from the sky, and the sunset itself was full of oranges and golds. The only thing I was left to conclude was that the stone itself was luminescent.

        The walls of the canyon were so striking I completely lost track of why I was in the canyon in the first place. I was riding a sort of mechanical dinosaur, so I brought it to a halt and turned the key off. I could then hear the sounds of small insects flying about, and bats on the wing fluttered about my head. Just about the time I thought to get going again, something tipped me off that it was just a dream, so I stayed and marveled at the beauty of the place until I awoke.

        After I fell back to sleep I found myself in a thick woods, and commented to my companions that I wanted to go back to the canyon, as it was much more interesting. They had no idea what I was talking about. We were all still on mechanical dinosaurs, though, so I thought they should know. I wish I could remember the dialogue, as the arguments were very Alice in Wonderland.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home