.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Code of the Haunted Coaster, SQL Interrogation

       I dreamed I was at the Dream City amusement park. I was there early, waiting in front of the haunted roller coaster, the one that dips down below the floor and picks up haunts that ride with you the rest of the trip until you come back above ground. N had gone off somewhere and I was on a landing overlooking part of the park.
       There were only a couple of other people around. One of them was talking to his son, telling him the ghosts on the ride weren't real. I thought about jumping in to set the record straight, but then thought better of it. I looked down at my feet and found a decoder wheel, similar to one I had hanging around my neck. The tin-like metal case had been broken open, the brass rivet that held the works together was missing. I scooped it up and re-arranged all the parts. It had a slightly different letter order than the one I was wearing.
       I got involved in a conversation with the man and his son about how the coding wheel works, and what sort of steps you can take to make the wheel useful even if you know your opponents have a copy of it.

       I was then in a small room, like you would see in a TV show where spies would be interrogated. I figured that the large mirror built into the wall was a one way glass and I was being observed. I sat down where there were papers, all blank and some pencils. I started writing SQL statements, trying to remember the syntax.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home