.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, June 08, 2007

More Diablo III Dreams

This time the Diablo III game was a first person game. It had a sort of sensor hemisphere down in the corner with the life and Mana orbs. Essentially it was meant to give you a visual clue as well as the audio clues as to what was around you. The last 100 pixels on each side of the display was a peripheral vision squeeze, that, on a wide screen monitor, would expand some. Your racial type had some control over the sensitivity and range of both items, and there were items and spells that could affect them as well.
I was playing one of the "legacy" characters, a Necromancer. I had a giant bone golem, and the spinning bone armor was incredible, it faded in what ever direction you were looking in, and was able to be cast on other players. There were 'buff zones' that basically mirrored armor locations and the bone armor added to the protection from the body/belt/gloves sections, but not so much to the feet and head sections. (Which were left open for other buffs or curses that didn't affect the middle sections of a character.) Full voice interaction in the game with a headset microphone was a huge plus. (Perfect quality in the dream, of course.) The best part of this? I was playing on a Linux laptop attached to multiple monitors.

Last night's dream was recorded as an audio file, I don't have room to post it without cleaning my other web space.

Ad Astra per technica,
FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home