.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bridge Dangle

       I dreamed I was walking along a high bridge over a gorge with rushing water at the bottom. There were two monorail lines at about waist height. The bridge below the rails was open, with a 6 inch I-beam support every 24 inches or so. A blonde woman and I were walking along the top of the rail when we heard, or more felt, a rumble. We couldn't see the monorail in either direction.
       The vibrations got stronger. I stepped down and over to the other rail. The vibrations were actually stronger on that rail. We spoke about what to do for a moment, there really wasn't any place to go but down onto the support beams, and even then, I knew we'd have to dangle from them in order to avoid getting smashed if there were two monorails passing one another on the bridge.
       "They wouldn't let two trains on the bridge at once, would they?"
       "I don't think they would have made the bridge with two sets of rails if they didn't intend to use them."
       I spotted trains approaching the bridge. I noticed that we were about 50 feet from a buttress that would allow us to step off the tracks and out over the gorge. "Make for the buttress." I told the girl and she half ran for it, switching over to the rail with the train that looked further away.
       I followed, but slipped and ended up bent over one of the rusty i-beams between the rails. I'd managed to hurt something in my chest, and couldn't pull myself upright. I hung there, and realized that I would need to catch my breath, but by the time I could, the train would be on me. I wrapped my arm over the beam and ducked down below the beam except my forearm. The monorail roared over me, the rails and beams shaking violently. I just managed to hold on, feeling debris of some sort pelting my forearm where it was exposed above the beam. There was a turbulent airflow that pulled at me, helping to hold me up. I switched arms and moved closer to the center of the beam as the other train passed. For a short while both trains shook the bridge and then were gone. I realized that I didn't seem to have enough strength to pull my self back up.
       I then dreamed of driving my old Plymouth Satellite, Cecil, but remember nothing else of the dream at this point.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tigers Moondiva said...

That is really wild! Monorail to an old car! You must have a great imagination!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home