.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flight Prep

       I dreamed of a hotel with many cute women running around in jumpsuits. White with quilted details on the arms and legs, horizontal rolls about an inch wide in a stripe about 3 inches wide. The quilted sections were in a powder blue or a bright yellow. One of the women was a friend of mine, someone I don't recognize from my waking life, but I've seen her in my dreams quite a few times.
       My friend was sharing my hotel room and was worried that I wasn't dressed in my flight suit. She rushed me off to get ready for our test flight. I was going along, but had already slipped into the mode of thought where I was more observer than participant, so I didn't have any idea of what flight she was talking about.
       Back in the hotel room, which looked more like a rather spartan dorm room, I got into my flight suit. My suit was a little bit different, it was charcoal gray, and the quilted areas were actually some sort of pressure suit arrangement. I had electronic connections all over my suit, and was somewhat surprised that I had similar sockets all over my head and down my spine, at the back of my hands and the tops of my feet. The connectors were a little bit painful as I snapped myself into the suit.
       The suit filled with a warm pressure that took some of the pain away, and made everything feel snug and just a bit too warm.
       "I hope the ship is air-conditioned."
       "You're always too warm, aren't you."
       "Seems like it."
       "Well, maybe they'll let you open a window."
       I looked at the helmet that went with my suit, and guessed that was a joke as the helmet was designed to seal the flight suit up tight.
       I started to get nervous, this had gone on quite a bit longer than a dream would, so I was beginning to wonder if I'd just had some sort of stroke, as I still couldn't remember what I was supposed to be flying, and why most of the crew were short women. With a start I realized that the crew were all aliens, they just looked like short women. The revelation was so unexpected that I woke up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home