.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cats and Catching Up, Stranded in the Desert

June 9th

        Went to LA to see Wicked and it was delightful, go if you can. I have unusually vivid dreams when I travel (once I do fall asleep) and this was no exception. The trouble is, once Ive gotten up and gotten oriented to the new environment all I remember is that the dreams were really detailed, and somehow - ordinary.

June 10th

       

        There are new kittens in the house, so Ive been too pre-occupied to make many dream annotations. I did dream of the kittens the first night they were here. I dreamed that N and I had taken them down to see Mom and Dad, while I was on the floor with the calico, who will probably be Embers, she learned to say box with a cute little lisp. I was hiding one of her toys in various items, trying to get her to learn box and can and sock so she could go to them when told to.

        Wheres the toy? I asked after putting it in a box from a deck of playing cards.

        pboxth she meowed back, rather than attacking the box, which is what her brother would do.

June 11th

        The new kittens are still absorbing much of my morning energy, even though I dont really do much other than talk to them in their safe-house, a four foot by 3 foot cage that keeps them safe from the currently disgruntled older cats. In another week, the grumpy fur children will have forgotten that the kittens werent always there, and they will start asking for them to be let out to play. Time not only heals wounds but indignities as well.

        I did dream, and it was a two part dream. I tried to memorize titles before climbing out of bed, a trick that usually works to recall the dreams. Unfortunately both titles were forgotten on the way into work. I do remember that the second dream took place on the water, in a sort of small houseboat about 12 by 16 with the pilot house and kitchen in the same place. In fact, I think the faucet was also the tiller. There was no entry on the sides of the boat, only from the top and from a four by four opening into the water in the center of the boat.

June 12th

        Again with the memorization failure.

Today, June 13th

        I was roasting in the desert; I was trying to make shade for myself and N under Little Red. I had the sun-shade closed into the hatchback and then held to the ground with some rocks. Id turned the car so it would help provide shade in the afternoon. Id pulled the seat covers off and had covered both the front and hatch windows as much as I could.

        N and I were sipping water, waiting for night to push the car up the incline in hopes of bump starting it. I still had lots of amps in the main battery, but the starter battery had died (lights had been on all night.) I dont think the starter battery was bad, just drained. I was hoping the heat wouldnt cause more problems.

Ad astra per technica,

FF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home