.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Flying, or Falling with Style, RVing, and Flying again

I dreamed of Flying in a C130 and being tossed out the back without a parachute. I had some sort of funky sailboat thing I was attached to, I managed to get aboard it and open the sail, but I was still falling much faster than I thought safe.

 

I then dreamed I was in an RV of some sort with N, we were touring the country and going through someplace damp and heavily forested. We were being eaten alive by insects. I wanted to close up the RV and turn on the high capacity air chiller, hoping to filter the flying bugs out of the air.

 

Later I was flying again, this time in an ultra light. My legs didn't work, both were completely numb. I was flying all over the place and I refused to land, flying low over a field and picking up a fuel bottle and a lunch bag at the same time. The fuel would last 18 hours or longer, if I spent a lot of the time gliding. There were some people on the ground who were a little upset with me, because I wouldn't come down and visit them. For some reason I didn't want to be stuck in the wheelchair. I wanted to never stop flying. I was able to visit over the radio and to even act as Game master via my tablet PC.

            That just wasn't enough for some of them though. I was really afraid that I wouldn't be able to take off again if I landed.

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home