.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Flood and Ant Swarm


      I dreamed of watching cars moving along a flooded road. We were prepared, though, our building didn't even have doors on the bottom floor. All of the windows were sealed and there were pumps in the drains just in case. My only concern was that if there was too much water, our building would float off of its foundation.
      I needn't have worried. The water level stopped at about four feet above the roadway, it was barely 6 inches over the height of the window sills. We only had a couple of leaky windows, not even enough was getting through to have to turn on the pumps. I knew I was going to get in trouble for that, I'm the one who'd insisted that we have two pumps. On the other hand, I figured that I might be able to sell one to someone in the neighborhood who hadn't been as prepared. I went upstairs to my computer to make a list and make some phone calls. On the way up I noticed a car dealership nearby had all of its workers up on the roof of their building with their computers and file boxes. I made a note to call them first.

      I dreamed I was playing with the outside cats, sitting in the tall grass of the back yard, being bitten by hundreds of ants. I had the hose, but couldn't seem to wash them off. I really hate swarming bug nightmares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home