.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Bathtub Monster Dimension.

            I dreamed I was in a bathtub with the drain into a deep dark basement; one that I'd not known existed. I must have spent ten or fifteen minutes trying to figure out how to open the drain up enough to get down there to check it out. I then had the logical thought that I could just pick up the whole tub enclosure and go underneath it that way.

            Once the tub was up, I discovered there was just a slab with the drain connection in the bottom of a plastic square overflow pan. There was nothing down below.

            I put the tub back, and I could see down into the basement again through the tub overflow. Apparently the tub was the portal, and the portal was only visible through the drain itself and the overflow.       Just at the edge of my sight line I saw something grey and ropey moving out of view. I’d discovered the bathtub monster dimension. That's why no one could ever really find where drain monsters come from; the drain is the only portal! I wondered if I could get a light and a camera in there. When I came back with the webcam and the laptop, the portal had closed. I guess the drain monsters are as afraid of us as we are of them. Also I discovered that the portal is only open if there is water in the tub. (It doesn’t have to be a lot of water.)

 

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home