.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Haunted, Bus Ride, Plow

            Dreamed of my haunted house, just cleaning the main hall carpets with a carpet cleaning machine, no soap loaded in it, steam only. Kind of know where that came from, had watched some of Stephan King's "Rose Red" just before heading to bed.

 

            Dreamed I was on a bus ride that got detoured through Sonoma County. We rolled up and down the streets of a steep sloping suburban community and finally over a steep bridge. The bus driver expressed that she wasn't certain the bus could climb the metal grid that was the ramp to the bridge. We moved the students over the wheel wells to help transfer the weight from the front to directly over the wheels.

            I told her to just take the climb in first gear and not worry about going slow. Fortunately there was no traffic behind us. N moved to the center of the bus also, not wanting to see through the grating to the rushing river below. We made it to the top of the ramp and crossed the level part of the bridge. The slope down the other side was just as severe and I almost slipped forward out of my seat. The Driver was standing on the brakes and using engine compression to try to stop at the traffic signal at the very bottom of the ramp.

            We weren't going to make it. The light turned green just before we entered the intersection, brakes squealing, tires smoking etc. The students who were with us cheered.

 

            I dreamed of walking behind two large oxen tilling a dark red loamy soil. The ground opened up wetly and the furrows slumped back to almost level shortly after we passed by. I wondered why I was plowing a marsh.

 

            There was also a set of just random images and sounds from ridgelines surrounded by eagles to a jungle canyon green up both sides with the sounds of parrots and monkeys to a meadow with airplanes flying overhead and lastly windsailing a sort of three wheeled cycle through the city streets of San Marcos, working furiously to avoid tangling the sail on the signs and signals along the side of the road.

           

Ad astra per technica,

FF

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home