.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Cleaning Out the Garage

I dreamed I was clearing out my garage and came across an old fish tank. I thought that it might be nice to have a fish tank or terrarium again. The white gravel at the bottom of the fish tank was covered in a layer of beige dust that had been there so long it looked more like a coating of dirt. There were the dried husks of spiders and their prey all along the edges of the gravel, but oddly, no cobwebs. I looked in the filter, there were the dried remains of several guppies. I was incredibly mad at myself - how could I have completely forgotten about them? Why had I left them in that tiny space to die? I had absolutely no memory of doing that. I thought all our fish were in the big tank when we sold it! I obviously am not responsible enough to have another fish tank.

When I woke I crossed off the idea of clearing out the garage today. I think I will wait until after the driveway is replaced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home