.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Three Ponds

I had the choice, with the extreme build-up of water in my back yard, of three ponds. The first (labeled choice "A" in the dream) was a dark pond, green with aquatic plants and swarming with hundreds of different types of insects, freshwater shrimp, small fish and a moss covered rocky border, friendly for critters to make their way to the surface of the water to drink. The "B" choice was a reed bordered pond, with very little of the pond actually visible, it had fewer plant types, and featured large koi in the open areas of the pond. It was a light colored pond with a light sandy bottom and thin stripes of tiny underwater plants with little coves for the fish to swim in and out of. There was a considerable lip of rocky cliff-like structures to help keep the koi bandits from easily reaching in and taking the fish. Choice "C" was also a dark pond, again with fewer plants than the "A" pond, and several larger fish. It featured a glass wall where one could look into the pond from the sides as well as from the top. It was going to be the most visually entertaining of the ponds, but also the most maintenance required. (Choice "A" was the lowest maintenance version.)

I was having some trouble deciding, but knew I had to come up with a decision soon, as the backyard was filling up from the rains and the pond needed to be dug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home