.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Driving

Two dreams about driving. In the first, I was driving Little Red, up the hill and down the hills, monitoring the battery charge, when the rain came. Lights and wipers always make the battery deplete faster than normal, so I started looking for someplace to stop for the duration of the storm. I was headed home from a convention and had a trunk full of dirty clothes and one small box of unsold games, plus the stand-up displays in the back. I hadn't packed any blankets so only had a light jacket, and no rain gear. I came to a flooded part of the road and had to pull off. The road was divided so there was no way to go back. Cars were behind me, with higher clearances, and they forged on ahead through the flood. I am glad I stopped. The water would have been half way up my doors. I backed up the little hill when it was clear to do so, as the water across the hollow was getting higher. I wanted to turn around, but the road was divided, and I couldn't see a way to get over to the other side. Eventually other cars stopped and the shoulder also filled up so I couldn't back up any further.

In the second dream, I was driving a convertible, top down, wind whipping across the car as I barreled down the I-15 outside of Rainbow, right past a CHP officer with a radar gun on the side of the road. As he mounted up, I swooshed off the next off ramp and pulled into a parking lot. The officer sailed right past and down the road. That's when I noticed the little white convertible half way up the hill. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed after him. I didn't want someone else to be stuck with my ticket. The officer wouldn't believe me, so I left the poor woman my phone number with a note to call me when it was her court date.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home