.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Part III

Dreamed again of the space train, and the destruction around the world when someone decided to nuke the station, triggering a less than mild response from all the world's various governments.

Turns out that nuclear winter is a thing, and global warming is not enough to offset it, at least initially. J and I had converted our homes into big greenhouses. Not really enough food to keep alive without trips to the food distribution center. Solar power, deep wells and strong neighborhoods were working to keep things going. Neither of us were able to retire.

I had a part two dream over the weekend, but after relating it to J, I promptly forgot it. We were practicing being energy and food independent, as much as possible, in prep for making it possible for the kids and grandkids to get on the next Loop train.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home