.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fermius Firefly

A Dream Log, whenever I remember the dreams I've had.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Marcos, United States

Fermius is a pen name drawn from a series of short fiction I wrote when I published the small press magazine Stellanova (on paper.) I play RPG games to escape from my daily grind as a technology wage slave for the state of California. I eat out a lot in order to do my part in supporting our increasingly service level economy. I am butler to 2 feline masters. If you ask them they will tell you I'm not very good at it, late with dinner, don't have enough hands with brushes in them, and sometimes I even lock them out of their office.

Thursday, March 03, 2016

The Movie Theater is Sinking, Abandon Script!

I was that the movies, watching a film about a cruise ship sinking, when I noticed that the theater was flooding. We evacuated, and those of us gathered in the lobby were given life vests and taken to the edge of the now tilting deck so we could float away in a large group. Rescue boats started milling around, but their wakes were so high as to keep splashing our faces with water, so much so that I thought I might drown despite wearing the life vest. Somehow in the confusion I was separated from my date (a tall red-headed woman I've never seen before.) After much flailing about, we found ourselves outside the theater, on dry land, no life vests in sight. My date, and everyone else was dry as a bone, but I was soaked in salt water. She looked at me like it was somehow my fault that I was soaking wet.

From the comments, I thought I was the only one who experienced the sinking ship. My date seemed quite angry that I had "abandoned" her (I thought I was just abandoning the sinking ship.) There was one person who looked as freaked out as I felt. "It's okay, we made it." I told him.

"Yeah, we survived," then he hugged me an gave out a big happy laugh. That's when I noticed that he was soaking wet, too, both of us smelling of ocean.

"This is just crazy, I'm getting a cab home." The red-head stalked off. "Don't call me."

As the tall sopping wet black man and I watched her shapely departure, he turned to me and asked, "Can I have her number?"

I hesitated only a moment, "Sure, if I can get the cell phone to work."

It's difficult to get a cell phone out of the soaking wet front jeans pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home